Sunday, September 14, 2003

I'm back..... maybe cos I have stuff to write now? Well, there are things that happen in between my last 2 posts. Firstly, I forgot to mention that waves of bad news came to me during that time. Was a little sad but I'm hoping for the best. 3 things to highlight only. First, Masami mentioned that she might pull out from cosplaying after her 'disaster' with her costume. (Noo...worst case scenario, wear your yukata here) Second, that baka Traxx said some mean things. (Baka baka) And lastly, Rizal will not be able to make it to the cosplay event. (Don't worry, I'll send some pictures)

Well, just if people are interested, I'm going to talk about my experience at first time sewing wear-able clothings. Those who are not interested, please skip this paragraph. Firstly, I had to do it at my grandma's place since my mum was against me sewing my own costume. So, I had to smuggle the cloth and bring it there (my mum didn't even know I bought the cloth). And when I reached there, I found out I forgot to bring any reference for the costume (yes, I did it all on sheer memory of it) and any chalk to draw out on the cloth. What more, I forgot to smuggle along any sewing stuff (needles, pins, scissors, etc) needed for the production on my costume. Only thing I can think of doing then was to use whatever my grandma had (lucky she had the same coloured threads I wanted ~ though it's new and I did the opening ceremony of it ~ felt bad) plus using....believe it or not, powder to draw out my costume on the cloth. If following my plan, I was to buy some mahjong paper (white coloured ones) to draw out my costume on there first and then when everything is ok, I transfer it to the cloth. Thus without the mahjong paper, my grandma told me to use newspaper. I certainly did not feel comfortable using it. How am I suppose to draw on something which has printings on them? But that was my only choice so I proceeded with it. Measuring time!! Obviously I did not bring any measuring tape with me and my grandma told me she probably did not have one (though she's a sweetie to help find in places where she thinks she might put if she did have one) so I resorted to measuring with threads. Yes, normal everyday plain threads (I used black though). Measure, cut, stick it to a paper and label them. If it was not for dedication, I would have given up a long time ago. Still, results were not bad. Bad stitches, yes. But as long as it's wear-able, I don't give a damn.

I have updated my TagBoard, giving it some colours and all. (You guys just talk cr@p there, ok?) And I have been trying to change certain stuffs on my Blog. Well, changes will be seen later, not now cos I'm still kind of deciding on the shades I want. Just to inform in advance, I'm using one of my favourite colours, and it is NOT orange (though when I look at it, it ain't that bad). So, watch out for a change later on.

End of holidays: 2 days and counting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home