Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pushing the human limit

What exactly is our limit at various things we do? How many days can we survive without food and water? How long can we hold our breath before we faint? How long can you keep your eyes opened? You get the idea. I was given the 'honor' to test out two human limits in the past week:

How much can someone absorb in their brain before it turns to mush?
Crash course! 38 hours of lecture within the span of 4 days. That's a freaking average of 9 hours a day! First day I paid full attention for the full duration, 2nd day I zoned out a little here and there in the morning (cos it starts at 8am), come the 3rd and 4th day I was zoning out/sleeping so much I missed some parts of the answers being discussed. My only concern is that he did not see me doze off. And I only have about 4 hours of sleep on average during the crash course. Urgh.... +_+

How many hours can someone stay awake without dozing off?
I didn't sleep at all last night because a friend asked me for some help with a raid when I was playing WoW, and the raid lasted about 6 hours or more. I was awake for more than 30 hours straight, about 80% of the time in game (weekends baby!!!) and although I felt sleepy sometimes, I could actually play and play and yeah... well not fall asleep. But then when I went down to watch TV with the cousins, BAM! I dozed off soundly on the couch. Lol. I swear if I have a PC when studying (even if it's only to type out what the lecturer says), I'm sure I'll be awake 99% of the time. XD

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, my record was somewhere around 30+ hours too. Also in front of computer, but that was about 8-9 years ago.

    By Blogger Camlok, at 10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home