Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Past Weekend (Part 2)

So Saturday was a pretty 'filled' day for me. If you know me, I hate going out of the house. I'd rather just sit at home and laze in front of my PC... even if it's just doing some 'spring cleaning' where I organise my hard disks. Lol. In the end, just like any normal spring cleaning, I'd almost throw nothing, but instead just rearrange stuff so they look neater. *looks at the junk in her room* Sigh... I wonder if I will ever change. Lol I need to be less sentimental about stuff and just throw them out!

So anyways, Sunday was Father's Day and we went the top floor of Heritage Cafe which sells western food, cos my dad loves steaks. Plus, this is one of the only places in Melaka which serves buns and butter while waiting for your meal to come, and my dad simply LOVES that. Dad had some kinda sirloin steak, my mum and bro got spagethi while I ordered grilled salmon (cos my mum claims she's never tasted salmon so I ordered that so she could try some - but I'm certain there was salmon during one of our family steamboat gathering). Dad said the steak wasn't that good. I don't eat steak so I didn't take a bite to see how it was, but it was pretty thick. Mum couldn't finish her spagethi so my tong sampah (read: trash can) brother helped her finish her plate. My mum loved the salmon though. She said the taste of the fish is very lemak and she enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a lot too, but they used some lemon white sauce thingie which was nice, but after eating a lot of it, it kinda got a little jelak for me. It was still nice though. And the potato they served on the side was so soft too mmmmmmm..... If only salmons don't cost so much, I'd eat more of it lol.

It was kinda funny seeing my parents act all weird cos they've never seen some stuff, like my mum claiming she's never had salmon. We were all amazed at the seafood salad cocktail my brother had too. They really served it in a cocktail glass! Also, when deciding on drinks, my mum was all curious when I ordered some forest fruit tea so she wanted to share it with me. It's too bad they didn't serve the tea in those cute little round pots. LIKE ZOMG THOSE KINDA CUTE ROUND TEA POTS ARE SO FREAKING CUTE ESPECIALLY THE SMALLER ONES MEANT FOR A SINGLE PERSON!!!!!! *drools at the round-ness of the pot* So yeah, it was a really nice night eating out with the family. I'd suggest to do it more often but my brother is sooooo stingy he never pays for the meals when we go out as a family, and with my pay I can only afford to pay so many times.... the times when I ask him to pay and he said ok, but when my mum stands up to pay the bill he doesn't even stop her and offer to pay!!!! So stressful living with this kinda people.

Anyways, I think there's another reason why the past weekend was good.... usually I get massive headache on weekends cos of the heat and I dunno I guess it's a weekend thing... but this past weekend I didn't get any migraine so I was WEWT excited! So yeah that weekend was really nice, though on most weekends I'd rather be lazing at home sleeping or doing something on my PC. LOL.

Yeah so I cheated on the date of this post :p Sue me! XD

2 Comments:

  • You know the steak would have been way better if u guys would have ate it in Texas... next time tell your dad to book a family flight to the US lol...

    By Blogger Shan Ali, at 12:56 am  

  • /nod Shan

    Seeing that your last post was June 19, you still owe us a bunch of blog.

    :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home