Friday, May 06, 2005

Another boring day...

...and I almost slept during work. +_+

OK so I did not really have any work given to me today so it sucks to the max. I ended up learning my hiragana and katakana so I can write faster and read faster when there arise the need to.

Anyways, I started off the morning with totally nothing to do and my temporary supervisor is not at her desk. So I just sit there doing totally nothing. Sigh... and then she appeared out of no where and passed me some financial policies of the company for me to read since she has no work for me. And there I sat... reading those policies. Lots of procedures, learnt of some forms needed to do certain things, learnt about how the company depreciates its assets, etc. Yeah, I felt like I was learning for my finals or something. And yes.... learning (more like reading) is not my cup of tea so I almost fell asleep. Then came breakfast break. Phew.... went and have my breakfast and back to "studying". Sigh... it's so boring.

Of course a while after that I was told to head to HR to get some smocks cos she's gonna bring an auditor to the production line later and she wants me to follow. Yay. At least it beats sitting there reading. So in a while, we were off to the production line. Man was that interesting (and I'm not being sarcastic here). I got to see how the chips were made and there were so many machines and this really interests me a lot. There was one machine where I just stood there watching it operate for like 2 minutes. Just staring. Until she called me cos we needed to move on. Of course it was not only fun and games for me. I did help out a little since the auditor needed to verify certain assets so I helped look for them. Still... I wanna go there again. It's so fun seeing those machines work.

Speaking of machines... I don't think I told anyone this before but I can somehow relate to one. Yeah, my brother also called me a machine once before and I don't deny it. Why you ask? Well, it's like... for the same task to be performed again and again, I can just be "programmed" to do it over and over and over again like that. Three examples:

i) I was taking odd jobs where I need to fold boxes up (stupid job but what the heck) and I did that continuously for like 3 hours till I'm done. The same pattern, the same style.

ii) Making those small pohpiah with chicken/pork floss. I actually sat there from 2pm till 6.30pm rolling and rolling and rolling and rolling till I'm done. +_+ Now I know why they cost so much in stores. Workmanship.

iii) Gaming. XD Well, back then before WoW, I was on Lineage II everyday and well... to kill monsters, I actually came up with some formulaes (I was playing a mage) on what spells to cast and the timing and all. So it went something like this - 1 blaze, 1 blaze, 1 aura to kill a bat; 1 blaze, 1 ice, 1 aura, 3 hits to kill a wyrm. And could just repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat. Almost as though I'm a bot doing some farming. LOL.

So there.... of course I was not called a machine in the first 2 incidents but my brother called me on during scene iii. Funny thing is I still agree and I guess this is a part of me. I accept it fully of course, don't even hate it. Guess it can be a good or bad point, depending on where you're looking from.

... machines can love too, right? XD Kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home