Saturday, January 31, 2004

Today has been a totally tiring day for me, I was up till about 4.00 AM cos busy sponging my grandma to bring her body temparature down and also cos I had trouble sleeping. I woke up 3 hours later cos I was also kinda sick as I had running nose. About 8.30 AM, my mum, my brother and I went to Pantai Medical Centre to send my grandma there. She was warded at about 9.45 AM I think. After check up and all, we left for lunch and met up with my dad at Shakey's. My uncle came to meet us at the hospital earlier so he asked us to eat while he stayed there. I have no idea why Thye Shin, Fritz, Fumi and Nox said that Shakey's was not nice. I had an enjoyable lunch there and Apple Cranberry drink is niiiiiceeee....

After lunch my brother and I headed back to the hospital to relief my uncle whereby he went back around 1.00 PM. My mum followed my dad home cos she hardly had any sleep yesterday. Just before 2.00 Pm, my aunt and her husband came to visit and they waited till the doctor arrived. Called my mum and she arrived shortly. Basically my grandma was having ulcers in her whole mouth....lip, inner lip and even her whole tongue. And she was hot all over cos she has fever but she said she's cold and is constantly shaking. Furthermore, cos of the heat, her whole body was swelling and she was as red as a tomato. What more, some of her skin started peeling as well and it's so pitiful to see her in so much pain. The doctor wanted to check her throat so he used the thin stick kinda thing to push her tongue down and she was trying to push his hand away. I can just feel the pain. Imagine lah your whole tongue is filled with ulcers (yeah, her tongue is basically white in colour) and then you get a stick pushing down your tongue...which means pushing down ON THE ULCERS. *shudders*

Anyways, I was there till about 3 something cos my granduncle came to visit also. We left shortly after they (granduncle, grandaunty, uncle, uncle's wife & uncle's wife's father) came cos we (my brother and I) really cannot tahan already. We even took a short (really short....about 1 to 2 minutes) nap when we were jaga-ing there. I did not mind a bit sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall and sleeping there. Too tired and sleepy. Oh, that kinda reminded me of how Kenshin sleeps. ^_^

Now my mum's there staying overnight and I hope my grandma will get better come tomorrow. She did look a little better compared to yesterday when she was at my house. So, hope tomorrow she recovers even more.

Oh yeah....we went to celebrate Gek Suan's birthday with Jin Yew today also at Kota Laksama but we were not there for long. bout 1 hour plus only. Her birthday cake reminded me why I did not like cheese cake that much.... too much and one will get really 'jelak' from it. But I love the base (the cookie/biscuit part). *hint* *hint* (Ne, How Zan....when wanna make some more leh? ^_^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home