Sunday, June 20, 2004

Trolleys Have Life

Trolleys have life I tell you. Those shopping carts you find in your everday supermarket. Well, they're alive I tell you, and are spiteful. Especially Tesco shopping carts. They are really aggresive and love to make you suffer. This was my experience:

I was nicely pushing my trolley in the oh-so-crowded Tesco supermarket when this lady just walked in front of me so I had to put an emergency brake to the trolley. I mean, HELLO??? Are you blind? Already is there a traffic jam and you changing lanes without giving any consideration to your surrounding only made it worst. So, in short, I did the emergency brake thing but as the law of inertia is just, I myself hit my 'car' instead. And so, my little toe on my right foot was badly hurt. :( To make it worse, my parents just can't seem to care (they think it does not hurt at all) and I was left there to continue 'driving' in the massive traffic jam. The pain was unbearable to the point where I almost cried :( but I controlled my tears and stood tall. Then, my little toe on the left experienced the same thing as its right counterpart. Bam it drove straight into the wheels of my 'car' but lucky for me, the impact was not huge so my toe was ok in a minute or so. Hopping on one foot (right foot malfuction already), I managed to catch up with my mum who was speeding oh-so-fast (motors can ease in and out of cars, right?) and we finally did what we came to do and left for the toll. The queue at the toll was not that long but.... the evil trolley came to life and...somehow made my foot hit the wheels of my 'car' again (or maybe it hypnotized my foot into ramming it's silly little head to the wheel) and if that was not bad enough to bring back all the pain I've forgotten, it happened again (so total was right little toe thrice, left little toe once) just when the pain was going away. ARGH!!!! Never had I have a worst day with a trolley before. And when we cleared the toll (toll fees was so expensive...more than RM100), I headed off in my motor (limping that is) to the store selling manga. And since there was none, I headed back to my parents to leave for home. Then....only then... did I hear my dad asking my mum, "Why is she limping?" when all the time I was whining to him and also was implying that my toe hurts and I could not push the trolley. Sheesh. Anyhow, we went back in once piece and I went over to Ee Lin's place to pass to her some Chupa Chups. And later on, Lai Ching, How Zan and Thye Shin came and I was busy talking to Ee Lin when suddenly.... someone called her (or she had to do something) and BAM!! She stepped on my poor injured toe. T_T Felt like crying again. :( Now I'm home and my poor toe is resting...poor lil fella. Hope it gets well tomorrow but somehow I doubt.... cos I saw some internal bleeding. T_T My toe.....

**Note (just in case you don't get what I was trying to say)**
Car - shopping cart/trolley
Motor - walking (legs)
Toll - cash register

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home