Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The world isn't safe anymore....

The world is getting more and more dangerous by the minute. And with the recent economy crisis, it makes it even worse. My mum told me of a robbery which happened 2 days ago in my Taman (English: Neighbourhood). The robbers were armed with parangs (English: machete) and guns. They entered from the kitchen window and the maid was the first to saw them. They threatened the maid and asked her to point to where the owners of the house are. They then tied everyone in the house and proceeded to ransack the place, taking anything they found to be worth something. And all this happened at 8PM! It wasn't even close to midnight! What's worse is that the police took SO LONG to get their butts to the house after they were being informed. Then there was another story about the robbers forcing the house owners to lock themselves up in the toilet while they ransacked the place.

Question is... will these robbers actually kill to get what they want? Is the gun just to scare or will they actually use it? Are the weapons just means of scaring the owners of the house and they treasure their life more so they'd let the robbers have what they want? What if someone were to actually fight back? Would they scare the robbers instead? Say someone who knows martial arts faced against them. Would they shoot the gun? Does knowing martial arts actually help you in any way against criminals? Look at this... a champion of Karate meets a robber in his house who's pointing a gun towards his head. Will he fight or will he just follow what the robber says?

If I had a wish, it would be to eliminate any violent thoughts in everyone's mind. It's general but think about it... if there are not violent thoughts there would not be war (so indirectly it's also for world peace) and there would be no criminals running around making people live in fear. To be honest, with my imagination (which can be explosive sometimes it works against me) my life does get scary sometimes. For example, one night when my parents and brother were out and I needed to hang the clothes out to dry. I had the back light on but I was freaking scared. I was constantly looking at the back door to make sure no one sneaked in while I wasn't looking. At the same time I was scared stiff if someone would just jump out of the dark and kill me. And also at the same time, I needed to hang those damn clothes. It was totally freaking me out seriously, that once I'm done I grabbed the basket (used to put the washed wet clothes in) and ran indoors and locked the doors.

I think the world needs a superman. Who's with me?!

3 Comments:

  • oh my god!? did that happened in Bukit Beruang?

    so dangerous now. you be careful ok?

    By Blogger wilsõn, at 3:00 pm  

  • "if there are not violent thoughts there would not be war (so indirectly it's also for world peace) and there would be no criminals running around making people live in fear."

    The last time that happened, Queen Serenity had to get help from a thousand years in the past in order to save her rather lifeless kingdom. And then there's another tale where the whole world disarmed only to have aliens throwing nuclear weapons at the world the next hour.

    You know what's the best way to deal with an increase in crime in neighbourhoods? Be a real neighbourhood. Know your neighbours, go out for walks in your neighbourhood, have community events, clean up your neighbourhood and make it beautiful.

    Criminals are allergic to all that. *nods*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 pm  

  • Well no violent in the world and far beyond, in the whole universe, galaxy~!

    I'm freaking scared to go out for walks in my neighbourhood to be honest cos I'm worried I'd get mugged. Or snatched like what happened in PJ and I did know some neighbours there too. Criminals just don't care cos they are not from around there usually so no one will recognise them. And it's not like a neighbour who saw you get mugged is going to hop on his car/motorbike to take chase. Even then the robbers will be long gone. Staying at home alone in my room is the safest XD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home