Thursday, February 12, 2004

I'm soooo beat. Spent 2 hours running around campus (yeah, literally) so that the cosplay competition will have it's venue, the stage and everything else. Basically I went to STAD to change the date of the event yesterday cos they did not approve the previous date due to some clash with mid terms. And the main hall is fully booked till the end of March. That left me with only two choices. Exam Hall or CLC Concourse. After discussing with a few friends and committees, it was edged more towards CLC Concourse cos Exam Hall was just too out-of-the-way. Anyhow, I went to STAD and asked Mr. Syukor which he thought was better. And he said CLC. So, it all went for CLC. Got the official letters done and went to STAD today to get them signed. After which I went to APAC....and I kinda forgot where was it situated so I climbed all 5 floors of FOSEE, only to remember it's at the FBL Block. Went there and climbed till the 4th floor (cos that's where it's located) but there was no one in the office. Curses! So, I decided to head on to FMD to pass in the form to book the stage, partitions, tables and chairs. They asked me whether I've confirmed with APAC or not and I said yes. Hehehe...told a white lie but if not, then I would be stuck. They also asked me whether I will be selling anything during the event....and I said yeah...T-shirts, posters and drinks. And they asked me to refer to OCBC. The heck I knew where it is....but lucky I was smart and asked. Found out that it was situated in Finance Division and I was to ask for a Kak Fazilah. On the way to finance, I decided to try my luck going to APAC again (I climbed again cos they were so many people waiting for the elevator) and lucky for me, there was an officer there. The door was lock so the first thing which came to my mind was, "Don't tell me it's after office hours already." The kakak there just opened it and asked me how can she be of assistant. I told her about the CLC thing and that Justin has already enquired earlier but they said they needed a formal letter. She asked me for a description of Justin and when she was satisfied, she took the letter, asked me to write down my e-mail and she'll send a confirmation once the CLC is confirmed free and is booked under EMiNA. Yes!!! Two departments down (STAD and APAC). Off to OCBC, and met Kak Fazilah there. She said that I'll have to fill in a form and return it back to her ASAP. And it needs the approval of STAD....so add another department so I had 3 more to go. Went to STAD and asked for Mr Syukor's signature. He told me that since this was interior, we did not need to actually go through OCBC. But he signed anyway in case they needed the form. He was nice enough to advise me that I should go to FMD, tell them it's internal event and that there's no profit cos it's only for members. Headed to FMD, talked to Kak Siti again and after hearing my story, she called up Kak Fazilah of OCBC. And after the call, unfortunately OCBC stated that even if it was selling only a single stalk of rose, we have to go through OCBC. And the person to refer to in STAD was not Mr Syukor but supposedly another assistant director which I think is Pn Fauzianita or something like that. Since it was so late and almost 5, which means people are going back (.....don't wanna kacau them in their process of finishing work else they'll not approve my matters....that's what I think anyways), I decided to call it a day and only meet Pn Fauzianita tomorrow. I don't know why but as I exited FMD, I kinda cried a little from the pressure. Hehehe...don't know the actual reason even but it was good to calm me down. Called Ee Lin to whine to her and saw Mdm Flora along the way. Saw Shu Yin so I ended my call to Ee Lin and whined more to Shu Yin. We came to a conclusion about the selling of stuff and that was to tell FMD that we're not selling anything but we'll sell on that day. I don't think they'll check since it's the first Saturday of the month and most people won't be on duty then. ^_^ Went straight to the hospital from campus and stayed there till about 8.00 PM. So, basically I was out from 3 to 8 PM and I'm really taxed to the max.

One thing to remember though: Never, never, never try to handle all the paperwork for an event while running around with high heels. *rubs feet* >_<

Notes:
FBL - Faculty of Business and Law
FOSEE - Dunno, but for pre-u students
APAC - Have no idea but they handle the booking of venues
STAD - Student Administration and Sports Division
FMD - Facilities Management Division

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home