Saturday, October 01, 2005

Simply Sucky

/Is wearing a skirt at home (WTH?)



So there we were last night. Finally reaching Simply Pasta (a new shop in Melaka Raya) after making rounds in Lai Ching's car about 15 minutes. The setting of the place was quite ok. The menu looks appealing. We added 2 and 2 together and realized Simply Pasta is a spin-off from Simply Fish. Well, Lai Ching and Alisa did most of the "math" anyways since I've never been to Simply Fish. So I was under the impression this would be quite a nice place since I've heard quite good stuff about Simply Fish (though Lai Ching said it's just a standard OK only).

So there we were. Ordering. The waiter was damn freaking irritating though cos he kept asking us about our orders even though we told him to give us 5 minutes. He asked 4 times, ok? That was a first bad impression. After ordering our food (where I find the waiter still irritating cos he like wanted to make the food sound damn nice though he failed on my ears), we proceeded to drinks and the waiter (yes, that same irritating one) recommended the milkshakes. I had my eye on the jug of ice lemon tea (which is a rather small jug... I so sad know) but the stupid waiter keep saying milkshake, milkshake. Like he was gonna hypnotize me to buy the milkshake or something. Well, let me tell you something Mr Waiter (like he will read this lah), by saying that, you officially ruled out that option on my choice of drink. So any waiters-to-be, next time if you see me, do not... I repeat, do not keep promoting a single drink/food. Yes, recommends are good. Yes opinions are good. But DO NOT "force" a customer to order something just because you recommended it.

So there we were. Waiting. Our drinks came (and I noticed the 'big jug'). The milkshake was not bad (Lai Ching ordered peanut butter milkshake) but not my cup of tea as it was too sweet. Maybe I'd favour a different flavour. I ordered a garlic bread because of the crave I had for it. Which reminded me I was supposed to pay for it and not split the bill. Gah. Lai Ching, owe you RM1.50 ya? Then the pizza came. It was ok but too much tomato paste for my likings. The base was nice though. Very crispy and hard. nd now off to comment about the individual food ordered.

Alisa's came firs so I'll describe hers. She ordered some Americiana Fettucine or something that sounds like that. Anyways, hers came and it looked and smelled pretty good. But the taste was far from the appearance. OMG never have I tasted something like that before. Simply put, it was raw chilli blended and made into a sauce which had a raw taste and it's just yucky. I think even I can cook better than that. So yeah, it was just sucky.

Lai Ching's came next. She ordered some fusilli in white cream and bacon. It came. Smelled damn bloody nice. Looks damn bloody appetizing. The taste? Sucky sial. It tasted butter instead of cream. It was horrible. A little better than Alisa's but no worse off. That, was also a disappointment.

I ordered some grilled chicken breast with mushroom sauce and herbs. How was it? The potato was great to start off. The vege-looking side dish I did not touch obviously. Apparently Alisa and Lai Ching did not like it (cos they tasted it) so it can't be that good. My chicken? Well, the mushroom sauce was OK but since when does mushroom sauce have black pepper???? Bodoh sial. Like first time cooking is it? And I hated the herbs inside the chicken. You see, the waiter (yes, that same one) said the 'twist' of the dish is that there is mashed mushroom and herbs stuffed inside the chicken. Well, guess what? It don't taste that great.

Still, at least I could finish my food. I doubt anyone would want to even try to finish Lai Ching's or Alisa's order. I did something which I felt bad though. When taking away my plate, the waiter (no, this is not the same as that blardy persistent waiter) asked me how was the food. I said, "OK but I don't like the herbs inside." and right there, right then, his expression changed. At the same moment, I thought to myself, "Was I not supposed to say that? Was I supposed to say it's nice?" I felt a little bad and when he left, I turned to look at Lai Ching, hoping for some assurance that what I did was normal. Err... apparently not. >____< I mean it's not wrong for me to do that but I could have been more subtle. I think that was what she was trying to tell me. ^_^;; It just came out of my mouth. I really did not like the sauce. I wondered whether I would say these kinda things last time, when I was a little different. But what's done is done and though I feel bad saying things like that, I find it good in a way so they can try to improve on it maybe? Though highly unlikely for me to experience the 'improved' food cos I doubt I'll be heading there anymore. Lai Ching and Alisa were a lot more subtle on their comments regarding the food.

Wish I had a digicam to bring it with me so I can show how yummilicious it looks like but tastes horrible. Oh, and I hurt somewhere in my mouth (below the tongue but I got no idea how I actually bit on it) when I wanted to try Alisa's order. Dammit still pain till today. T_T So there we have it. My so called review on our little disastrous dinner at Simply 'Sucky' Pasta.


On a side note, wa lau the roasted pork from the two restaurants look so damn yummilicious sial. Dammit I wanna attend weddings. ROFL.




"As long as you're loving me.... I can move mountains, I can part seas, my heart has been opened for eternity, as long as you love me.... oooohhh.... as long as you love me..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home