Wednesday, January 14, 2004

So now I will post the other 2 things I'm supposed to post about. Now that I think about it....it should have been 3 more but I only have reminders to 2 more posts....so what the heck.

Well, I went for the Japanese Cultural Night last Sunday and it was brilliant. Well, imagine seeing a 72 year old lady dancing a hot dance. The performances were great but I quite dislike the sketch cos it was poorly organised and the people were talking behind the scenes with their microphones ON!! You hear all sorts of funny instructions (mostly in Mandarin) from the speakers.

Though a slack part was when the JLS members did not properly organise the after event matters and they did not have enough cars to send the Japanese people to their hotel. And thus, since I stayed back to chat with Jin, and Della was there, she asked for this favour. It was almost 11.30 and going back and forth to Jonker Street would mean 1 hour spent which means I'll be reaching home quite late. Though I was still thinking whether to decline or not, they looked so pitiful there so I said what the heck...and sent them to the hotel. The best thing was, there was no word of gratitude to a total stranger who is not a JLS commitee, not a working committee for the Japanese Cultural Week and am merely a JLS member cos I was taking the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) under the society. Well, I don't mind that much but... that's gratitude for ya.

Today I was involved with EMiNA's booth today so I wore a yukata and attended the opening ceremony. And in preparation last night for the booth, the emcee on the Japanese Cultural Night was rather big headed (so what if you're taking level 2 and can speak Japanese quite well and went to Japan before?) and sounded bossy. Heck, he was particularly pleading the night before when he knew I had a car. Damn idiotic in my opinion. Still, the day went on. And what do you know, me, not being a working committee for this event at all, am asked to do this, to do that, etc. I was asked to give out flyers to promote the exhibition, asked to skip class to attend the opening ceremony...and it crossed the line when I was asked to stay in the main hall overnight to take care of the Japanese stuffs there. What th.... where are all the working committees? I'm only there to make sure my booth is ok and to make sure my costumes (we displayed cosplay outfits) are still there. I think they were asking too much and Huwi Yin agreed also. Enough is enough, I'm not helping anymore tomorrow (should be today actually since it's after 12 am). Instead I'll just be looking and seeing a little and then hopping to the library to study instead. I don't bother anymore.

The other thing to note is not a big issue. It's just a small matter about my incident with a durian. Kekeke...well, I love durians when they're all mushy and soft and sour. Well, the one I had the other dayb was not so mushy, a little soft and sour. But the sour is a different kind of sour. It's more like that sour taste where it's going to turn bad real soon. I ate 2 and that was it. =) Don't want to risk having an unplesant night.

As for EMiNA members, good news. You may finally collect your EMiNA membership card starting from the week after the Chinese New Year break. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home