Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Layout

^_^ Yeah as you can see, I've finally made a new layout. After postponing for god knows how long. Credit goes to evilyn for helping me with the html =)

Many comment said the layout is based on the death butterflies (or whatever they are) from Bleach. The answer: Nope

This is how I got upon to this layout:

First, I decide I wanna have a black and white layout cos I practically love the contrast between them of course. Then I decided I wanted the post part to be black and the right sidebar to be white. The initial header image was supposed to be a black rectangular thing with the blog name in white. Will talk about the blog's name later. Moving on, I made the background... or well, tried to make it. I playe with photoshopped and a few layouts came out but I kinda liked the butterfly brush so I stuck with that. Making the layout was a little pain because the butterflies keep overlapping too much or popping at undesired places. After a few hours or so, I finally settled on one. Then I thought about the blog header. Hmmmm... since my layout is a butterfly, why not make the header a butterfly as well? So there I was searching for an elongated (sp?) butterfly image online and settled with a picture of a butterfly tattoo. With that as a reference, I created this butterfly header. Due to my lousy photoshopping skills, it took much of my time. Sigh... need to brush up on that. +__+ Anyways, the blog was supposed to be a full black and white but in the end I added a little purple, pink and blue in it. These are on the spot decisions I made and I'm quite happy with it. The left side is the dark side while the right is the light side, hence the light blue and light pink. So there you have it... it's not in any way influenced by Bleach ^_^

As for the name... I've always had a very huge imagination. Really. You might find out more if I decide to post about horror/gory movies later. And my imagination is sometimes something I want to make into reality. Hence, I thought of naming my blog "Realizing Imaginations". But then it did not sound right and I did not want to change it to "Realizing Dreams". So I spent a few nights toying with the words and then came "Imagining Reality". And I liked it. Makes me feel like I'm living in my imagination. :D

This blog was supposed to debut on 1st January 2006 but I just could not manage it then so it was postponed, something I'm famous for hahaha.... And this blog also makes me changing my stealthy attitudes so yeah, no more persuasion from anyone else. I just don't mind people knowing who I really am. Heck, I thin 95% of my readers already know who I am. So yeah, be sure to look out for pictures. Speaking of which, sorry to those with 56kb modems cos I heard from Lai Ching my page loads pretty slow. m(_ _)m Sorry people. =)

And hence is the story behind this blog.... I still like Silent Whispers which Masami made for me about a year ago I think. I'll make minor tweaking and adjustments to this blog from time to time where I deem fit (like changing the links' title etc). I was staring at html with Evilyn (there might be a post about him later :p ) for more than 5 hours I think. Hence the reason why I did not want to further tweak it that same day. :)

Please feel free to leave comments (yes, I got a comment section running :p ) but try not to flame. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home